Lunch with the Fam
We came on Thursday, because Regan had a swim meet at St. Martin's on Friday evening. We had a successful afternoon family nap which was good for Regan, because the swim meet wasn't over until well past her bed time. I think Addison actually naps better by herself, but we all have to make sacrifices. : ). Regan had a great swim meet. Her dives have improved immensely! She is diving out and streamlining past the flags which gives her an advantage. Right before her breast stroke swim she told me that you don't kick during your streamline for breast stroke. She was telling me, but it was like she was verifying. I told her that she should do whatever her coaches tell her to do, because I don't know how to swim breast stroke. She won her heat in butterfly and swam a personal best in free style and butterfly. In this swim meet she was swimming against 7 and 8 year olds. We are really looking forward to her swim meet in July when she will only be competing against 6 year olds.
After the swim meet we went over to my cousin's house for pizza and beer while granny babysat (thanks granny). We had fun, as always. I had planned to go to lunch with Meredith by myself the next day, but when the girls heard that Meredith was here they wanted to go.... So we all went and then Meredith and I went to coffee afterwards. : ). I'm amazed Meredith got to eat at all, because the girls wanted to sit next to her and I'm not sure that they stopped talking the entire lunch. Especially Addison. Meredith said that at one point Regan said to her "I like to do art. What are your talents?"
We had a wedding on Saturday for one of Matt's former co-workers and granny babysat again (thanks again granny :)). We met a very nice couple that the wife of that couple is still in public accounting. We were reminded, as we always are, of how glad we are that Matt is no longer in public accounting. It's great experience, but a very hard life. We are glad we got that out of the way before kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment