Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Labor Day weekend

We had a fairly busy Labor Day weekend.  We were invited to our first Bar Mitzvah for one of Addison’s classmates.  I have never attended a Jewish ceremony before and I was surprised how familiar it felt.  Other than the Hebrew, it felt very much like the liturgical service that I grew up with in the Episcopal church.  We were running late so Matt had to take over curling Addison’s hair.  I have to say that he did a good job.  I wish I hada picture of him curling her hair, but we were running late!  Matt and I shopped for furniture after the Bar Mitzvah and bought a table for our breakfast room and patio furniture that I got for half off. Very excitingz. I had almost immediate buyer’s remorse and freaked out that the breakfast room table is going to be too big for the space.  I think it is going to be fine, but I won’t really know until it is delivered.  We are all excited that we will be eating at a real table for the first time in years.  Saturday night Addison went to a 80’s rock and roll theme party for her classmate.  Judging by the pictures and from what she told us, she had a good time.  She did her own makeup and she did a fabulous job, but Matt and I were freaking out a little at just how good she is at doing makeup.  She knows so much and owns more than I will own in my lifetime.  Regan rode her bike to the bookstore on Saturday and spent most of her birthday money on books.  She carried them home in her new handy dandy feminist bag that a friend got for her.  Sunday was pretty low key.  We all slept in.  Regan slept until 1:30.  Swim practice 8 times a week can really catch up to a person.  Matt cooked a gumbo, because nothing says gumbo like 90 degree weather.  Sunday night we went out to dinner with friends and we all put on real clothes.  I wish we would have taken a picture.  It happens so seldom.  Monday was pretty low key, too.  I finally got the last of the boxes cleared out of the breakfast room in preparation for our new table (I still have the office and garage to go) and I helped Addison go through and get rid of and organize some.  All in all a good weekend, but I will always wish that we had more time.  
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=19Ns0mW6QMhFW7Pgopyvq7t7yeHyAbUJk
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1O-nA2MhFfAGy_5N5UxSwO0V-UIlp4l3Z
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1SonDHjtW7rrK-6Laa7xQighNawrMlpon

No comments: