Monday, October 23, 2006

Croup

Regan has croup. She had a cough for a couple of days that started on Thursday. I thought it was just due to the change in weather as it always effects me. On Saturday afternoon she had a 102 fever and was having coughing fits. She also sounded weezy and threw up a couple of times. Sunday wasn't much better. She seemed better this morning, but I called to make a doctor's appointment to get her checked out. So, now we have to give her a steroid and do breathing treatments every four hours while continuing to give her cough medicine and treat her fever's as needed. I gave her the first breathing treatment at the office, and it was not fun. I had to hold down her arms while holding the mask to her face. Not to mention it is a battle to give her medicine as it is. I take her back on Wednesday, and if she is not better they are going to do chest x-rays and blood work. They also said that if she continues to be weezy everytime she has a cold that it may be the beginnings of asthma. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

I am, as always, praying for all of you.