Today was a busy day! We let Regan skip her nap to go to the dog parade here in Lafayette with some of our playgroup friends. Afterwards we headed over to chik fi le for some lunch. When we got home Regan spotted some of her neighborhood friends playing outside and so Matt took her to play with them. All of this and she has been in a good mood all day. The only time she got upset was when I was going to pick up dinner and she wanted to come with me, but it was very minor and short lived. It's amazing what adrenalin will do.
The dog parade was fun, but reminded me a little to much of a New Orleans Parade....and not in a good way. Here we were with a bunch of kids not standing right at the barracade and this adult couple and their dogs (with no kids) came and stood in front of us. I was a little aggravated. To me, a dog parade is for children. But they had no problem acting like we weren't even there with our kids. I had to hold Regan the majority of the time so that she could see. I thought my arm was going to fall off. Regan had fun, though. She was clapping and yelling yay! and putting her hand up for beads. It was obvious it wasn't her first time at a parade. She was more interested in the beads than the dog. Particularly the red ones that the people next to us caught in the beginning of the parade. Red is definitely her favorite color, although she likes purple too. I think it has something to do with her two favorite characters. We finally got a red pair of beads and her day was made.
No comments:
Post a Comment