Monday, January 28, 2008

Parades



Matt had a bachelor party on Saturday night, so I took the girls and met some friends at a parade. I was a little nervous about taking them to a parade by myself, but I figured it couldn't be worse than being at home with them by myself after having been couped up for several days due to bad weather. It turned out that it was much better to go to the parade. It wasn't crowded and it was barricaded, so I didn't have to worry about Regan getting run over. Addison did almost get smacked with a bead that was thrown by Alli Landry. After that, I moved her further back and stood in front of her. Both of the girls did really well. Regan was particularly fascinated by the dancers and told me that she wants to be a "parade girl" when she grows up.

On Sunday Regan and I drove to New Orleans and met Aunt Carla for a parade. We later hooked up with Meredith and went to Whole Foods and to Starbucks. It is a long drive for a one day trip, but it was well worth it. We had a lot of fun. Regan always loves to see Meredith. Next year we are going to have to go for the weekend, though.

No comments: