It was a busy weekend and it is going to be a busy month. I think March and April are as busy for us as the Christmas Holidays are. We were in New Orleans this weekend, and Matt's mom babysat a lot! Which we are, of course, grateful for. The girls and I left on Thursday. There was a smocked dress sale that I could not miss. I think the girls are set for Spring/Summer now. I also needed to get their Easter Dresses. It was really starting to bother me that I didn't have them, yet. A store that I love has "fortune cookie fridays" on the first friday of the month. I already had the dresses picked out, so I just had to go buy them. I got the only 50% off fortune cookie in the bowl. Apparently, it was my lucky day. However, you only get it on one item. Next time I am taking someone with me.
On Saturday morning Matt, Phil and I ran in a race on the Westbank. Matt ran in the five mile which was supposed to be a 10K and Phil and I ran in a 1 1/2 mile that was supposed to be a 2 mile. When they changed it, I considered running in the five mile but decided that I am just getting comfortable with three miles so I didn't want to push it. Of course, Phil and I's goal was to beat each other and he won with that. Matt thinks that if it had been a 2 mile I would have beat him, but since it was a 1 1/2 he was able to get enough of a lead on me that I couldn't catch up. Towards the end of the race I had a thought of trying to catch up but I would have had to really push myself, and I am just not that competitive. Both Phil and I did come in first in our age divisions. I thought the girl right in front of me was in my age division, but apparently she was 22. I think I must think I am younger than I am. I think it might be the first thing I have ever won.
That evening we went over to some friends house for dinner. We took the girls with us as they have children Regan's age. The girls all played really well together. I wish I would have taken a picture, because they were adorable. However, I was to busy running my mouth. Sorry.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Phil... I'm sorry you were all alone since all the men were running in the big boy race.
Post a Comment