Sunday, June 01, 2008

Stomach Virus

All of us (except Matt) came down with a stomach bug this week. It hit Regan and I the hardest. While Matt and I were out on our date night she threw up and had a low grade fever. The next day I started to feel bad and threw up a lot Thursday night. Matt's mom was nice enough to come help me on Friday. Regan threw up Friday morning and we both layed in bed most of the day.

The minute Regan is feeling a little sad or a little bad here comes Nurse Addison to the rescue. Addison is very affectionate and Regan wants affection on her own terms. When Matt is laying down with her for her "1 minute" at night if he tries to snuggle with her she will tell him "No more doll games" and "I am not your doll." It is almost comical when Addison tries to comfort Regan. She starts by patting (or hitting, however you want to look at it) her. Then when I tell her soft soft she will hug her and kiss her and lay on top of her. The whole time Regan is trying to push her off and saying "Addison, go give some love to mommy." Sometimes Addison will come love on me, but usually she only has love for Regan. When Regan is feeling well and Addison wants a hug (which is all of the time) Regan will either hug her at arms length or squeeze the life out of her. I think to try and deter her from ever wanting one again, but it doesn't work.

No comments: