Sunday, August 30, 2009

Potty Training, Napping and Ear Tubes

Addison is almost fully potty trained. I say almost, because (knock on wood) she is wearing panties all day and has not had any accidents.... but she is still getting the hang of public potties and she still wears a diaper at night (and will continue to for a long while). She doesn't dislike public potties, like her sister. In fact, I think she is going to be my one that has to check them all out. But I think it is hard for her to be comfortable enough to go on them, because she is so little. I know this is more information than any of you ever wanted to know.... so I apologize if this is tmi. When you are mother, you discuss these things without a thought.

She has also decided to give up her naps. And instead of phasing out she has just completely given them up. It's a little sad for me, because she was such a good napper. But in a way it is good, because we really don't have time for her to take naps anymore. And she will still go in her bed if I tell her that she has to take a nap. She just looks at books instead of sleeping.

Last Monday she got tubes in her ears for the third time. Her ears are an ongoing problem due to her cleft pallet. The surgery went really well. Last time when we went back after her surgery, she was really mad that we weren't there. This time she was still a little drunk and was playing with the oxygen tube. She came home and watched about 15 Dora's and then had some lunch. After lunch she was running around with her baby, so I decided she didn't need any Motrin. I put her down for a nap and she looked at her books. That is when I realized she really is not going to nap anymore. The doctor asked us if we had noticed any issues with her speech or hearing, because she had so much fluid in her ears. I really didn't. But now I notice a difference with her phone conversations. She always wants to talk to whoever I am talking to. Before her surgery she couldn't really hear what the other person was saying and she was hard to understand on the phone. Now she has conversations with people. Since she is only 2 1/2, I didn't really think much of not being able to understand her on the phone, but I definitely see a difference after the surgery.

No comments: