Today was a rough day. We went for Addison's 6 month well visit, and she got her immunizations. The nurse measured her height and head circumferance and weighed her. Her measurements were/are:
Height: 26 1/2 (70%)
Weight: 15 lbs. 11 oz. (45%)
Head Circ.: 18 in (99%)
Well, when the doctor came in to look her over he wanted to check her head again. I asked him if it looked smaller, and he said no bigger. So, he measured again and got 17 3/4 which is 97% . That is the same percentile she was in for her head at her last well visit. At first he said that we would keep an eye on it. I wasn't overly concerned, because Regan has a big head. But even when you are not overly concerned as a mother you still are concerned. Or at least I am. Then he said because she has a cleft....let's go ahead and get a catscan just to be on the safe side. Which at this point, I am all about being on the safe side. So, we went to get the catscan...which of course was an ordeal. Addison was not having being confined like that. They wanted her to be asleep, which she wasn't going for either. Finally she went to sleep and they were able to get a good read. And this is why I love my pediatrician. The tech told me the results would be ready around 3:30pm. At 3:30pm I was considering whether it was to soon to call my pediatrician's office to find out if they had the results when the phone rang and it was them. So, all is well. They said that the brain looked good. I would give you all of the scientific information, but words like that do not stick in my brain. The pediatrician cleared her for surgery and now we just have to go to the hospital on Monday.-
3 comments:
What a relief! Love, Granny
Hope all goes well on Monday. Randy and I will be thinking about you all.
Glad that that turned out well. Hoping everything goes well on Monday. Love, Nana
Post a Comment