Friday, November 16, 2007

Park



So, we usually go to the park on Friday's to meet our playgroup friends after school. There is not much for Addison to do; because she doesn't walk, slide and until today swing. I have been trying to break her in little by little with the swing. I didn't have a lot of hope because one of my friends has a four year old who is just starting to like swinging and I have another friend who has a two year old that hates to swing. Well, today Addison loved swinging. She was laughing the whole time. Love it! I also love how she is looking at Regan like "what you talkin about willis." in the second picture.

We were on our way to New Orleans today to go to two birthday parties this weekend and stay for a few days before we headed to Florida. Well, we were concerned that Regan was in the beginning stages of pink eye and Matt wasn't feeling well. We were halfway there and Matt wanted me to take over driving and that is when I made the executive decision that we should head back home. When we switched drivers I thought about asking Regan if she needed to potty, because we were at a place where she could have gone. But I didn't, so we ended up pulling over on the side of the road and letting her tee-tee in one of Addison's diapers. It was lovely. I called the pediatrician on call and he called in some drops for me. He said she should be fine by tomorrow, but I still don't want her around a lot of kids for a few days. It was a good thing we came home, because as soon as we got home Matt was very sick. So, we will see how they are feeling tomorrow and re-evaluate our plans. The whole way home Regan talked about how she wanted her eyes to be blue again. She also told me that going to Avery's party and seeing Cinderella would help her to feel better.

Regan got pushed on the playground at school today. I think she would have told me, but I only know for sure because I went to drop off chicken nuggets at school today for their Thanksgiving Feast. Normally I would have left them with the secretary, but a lot of people were coming in behind me to go on tours of the school. Regan hasn't had issues of separation anxiety for a while now, so I thought I would take the opportunity to be the cool parent who brought the chicken nuggets for snack. I probably should have just left them with the secretary. But I am glad that I got to hug her and wipe her tears.

I hope to take and put up a picture for Addison's eleven month tomorrow. A few days late, I know. What can I say....I have two kids.

No comments: