Friday, August 22, 2008

Big, Big Girl

Regan went to her 4 year old well visit today. She had blood work done and got four immunizations. I have to say, my girl did not even flinch. I think I might have Elmo to thank for this. Everyone kept telling me how horrible the four year old shots were. Regan still likes Elmo, and recently picked out an elmo goes to the doctor book at the bookstore. We have read it a couple of times and in it they talk about how shots keep you healthy and you just feel a little pinch when you get them. Now we have all had shots and we all know that it hurts more than just a little pinch. But if a book convinces her of that, then far be it from me to change that perception. The nurses were all telling her how brave she was. They said that they hoped that Addison was that brave when it was her turn. We'll see, but I'm not counting on it. Although, Addison does want to do everything her sister does. She even lifted up her dress so that the doctor could listen to her heartbeat, since he was listening to Regan's.

No comments: