
We won't be here for Matt's birthday on Monday, so we celebrated with the girls tonight. My mom, Regan and I went to get a cake for Matt this afternoon. Matt had her well trained, because she told me at least 5 times that "Daddy wants a cookie cake with all white icing." When we were going in to get the cake she asked me what we got him. I told her that if I told her that she couldn't tell him because it was a surprise. She said that she knew, but that he couldn't hear her from where we were. I thought that was very smart for a 4 year old, and I thought in my head... wow, she understands. Fast forward to arriving home from getting the cake and what is the first thing that Regan says to Matt... Do you want to open the present that we got you? It's a work shirt! So, I say to her... Regan, you weren't supposed to tell. She says (in a very cute, but honest way)... I know, but I did anyway. What can I say? She's 4. Addison, our little sweet tooth, was very excited to eat cake. But she also ate some steamed brocolli (for the second time), so I guess I can't worry to much.
No comments:
Post a Comment