Saturday, March 20, 2010

Addison's Speech

They were doing speech testing at Addison's school, so we decided to take advantage and have Addison's tested. I haven't gotten the official report, yet. But the speech therapist was finishing up with her when I went to pick her up from school and so I got to talk to her. She said that Addison's speech is age appropriate. However, she is hearing a lot of emissions due to her cleft pallet repair. It's a nasal vibrating sound. I notice it the most when she is overtired. We knew that this was a side effect and that she would probably have to have another surgery around the age of 7, but there was a part of me that hoped all of that was done with. The speech therapist said that there may be some excercises that we can do with her to help to strengthen her pallet. So, I'm going to bring it up with her pediatrician.

No comments: