Saturday, March 20, 2010

Regan's School

Our last parent/teacher conference for Regan went well, as usual. Her teacher told us that she is such a strong student that we need to let homework be her thing. She said that we should check and make sure that she has done it, but let it be her thing. I'm not exactly sure what that means and given what a control freak I am I'm sure that I will have a hard time with it. But I'm also sure that it will be what's best for her in the long run, so I will do my best.

Matt and I are both pleased with how well she is doing with reading. My hope is to pass on my love of reading to my children. They both love to be read to and they both love the bookstore and library, so my hopes are high.

She will change campuses next year and we went to view the "Lower School" campus recently. I am having a little bit of anxiety, mostly because it is on the other side of town from us and starts an hour earlier. But also because the campus is 1st through 7th. The orientation did a lot to relieve my anxiety. I'm still not excited about the earlier start time, but I really feel that the education that she will be getting will make it all worth it. She will also have chapel every morning, which I like and that Addison and I will be able to attend.

No comments: