Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Addison's Turn

Well, now Addison is on breathing treatments. I noticed that she was wheezing this past weekend. I've never had an allergy in my life, and I have two kids that seem to have allergies. We have all the stuff for breathing treatments (we own a nebulizer now), so I called the on call doctor and asked if I could go ahead and give them to her and bring her in on Monday. He said that was fine, so that is what we did. I took her in yesterday and they tested her for RSV. It came out negative (thank goodness), so they prescribed an oral steroid to open up her lungs, an oral antibiotic because her left ear has a lot of fluid and just because it is her (as the doctor said), and breathing treatments every four hours for 48 hours and then as needed. I called them today, at their request, to let them know that she is still wheezing. They said keep doing what we are doing and bring her in again on Thursday.

1 comment:

Nana said...

You must have your hands full and be exhausted. I'm glad you have Jennifer to help you.
Love,
Mom