Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Right Ear

I took Addison to the ENT for her follow up visit for her tubes. They were able test her hearing in the right ear, and she passed!!!! So exciting! We knew that she could hear, but it is nice to have confirmation. We have not been able to re-test since she failed right after she was born. They couldn't test the left ear, because it is infected. They sucked out the Yuckiness, and gave me a prescription for more ear drops. They said we will be able to test her left ear in 14 days, and then they will give us a continuous prescription, because they agree with me that it is going to stay infected until she is able to have her cleft repair. The good news is with the tubes there won't be any permanent damage.

Regan is sick, too. This morning I was taking her temperature with a digital thermometer that has an alarm to let you know that it is done. Regan says to me when it rains we are finished. It didn't make sense, so I repeated it back to her and she said it again. It still didn't make sense so I repeated it back to her again. So, she says rings....like a bell.

1 comment:

Granny said...

I'm so glad about the ear test for Addison. Right now I know how she feels. I have the flu and my temp. has been 102 and higher since midday yesterday. I saw the Dr. this morning so I have lots of medicine to take. I hope Regan gets well soon. Love, Granny