Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Salmonella Update

We are cancelling our trip to Florida. We have learned that salmonella stay's in the system for 6 mos, and it is unsafe for Regan to swim in swimming pools. So, rather than have to deal with the drama of her not being able to go in the swimming pool....we have decided to stay home. We are currently trying to think of a replacement get away that will not involve swimming in a pool. So far Addison and I have managed to stay Salmonella free, and I hope to keep it that way. Matt has not been so lucky.

In other news. Addison has finally learned to roll over. I no longer think it is an accident. For the past week she has been rolling over on her tummy to sleep, and she wakes up in the morning and is mad because she can't get back to her back. I figured she would eventually learn, and as long as she wasn't waking up in the middle of the night it was fine. So, then she started pushing herself so far up on her arms that she would sort of topple over. But today she rolled over the traditional way. However, she bumped her head on the hardwood floor in the process (carpet is so much better for babies). So, I don't know how quickly she will want to do that again. If she is in the mood tomorrow, I will try to get video. I will also try to get a picture of her eating her vegetables...which she started a week ago. A combination of her being the second child and being tied up with this whole salmonella thing has put me behind. But stay tuned....I will try to get new pictures up soon.

No comments: