It was a great trip! As I suspected, it was a very different experience as a parent, but still a great trip. Disney got on my last nerve with something for sale every 5 feet. Especially with an overtired little girl who loves everything Disney! And because we were only there for a few days, there were times that I felt that I was shoving fun down Regan's throat. But the expression on her face when we saw the princesses and the shows and on the rides made it all worth it. Our hotel was on the monorail and that was really nice. The halloween party was SO much fun. We were all really amazed at how in character the characters were. At the halloween party they have all of the villain's out (so if you are a fan of a disney villain, this is the party for you) and we got to take pictures and get autographs with the stepsisters and stepmother from Cinderella.
We didn't see much of Addison as she was with my mom most of the time. But we hear that she really enjoyed the rides in Fantasy Land. But did not enjoy any characters coming within 5 feet of her. Thanks mom! We couldn't have done it without you.
Two big differences from when I was a kid. One is that Disney seems to be always crowded now. When I was in high school it was dead during the week during the school year. It was crowded the entire time we were there. The other is that you can't just walk up to characters anymore. They are treated like celebrities. You walk through rope lined walkways to get to them. And you could wait in line for 20 minutes only to be told that they need to take a break and will be back in 10 minutes. Very annoying!
One thing I have to say about Disney is that they are the ultimate planners! They literally think of everything! They have this thing now called Magical Express where you put tags on your bag and you don't have to go to baggage claim. Disney buses you from the airport to your hotel and your bags show up three hours later. I really think every hotel should do this. They also have professional photographers throughout the park taking pictures, so you can pictures of your entire family.
Anyway, here are the pictures. There are a lot, and I apologize for that.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photoalbum.aspx
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=lp2j34m.ayxd43ja&x=0&h=1&y=-t8tuvr&localeid=en_US
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=76j0kwm.9biidsli&x=0&y=-q198om&localeid=en_US
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment