Sunday, November 02, 2008

Birthday Party







We went to a birthday party at the Children's Museum on Saturday. I am embarrassed to say that the last time we were there was for a birthday party. I used to take Regan all of the time, but I never think about it anymore. I really need to take Addison more, because she had a really good time. She particularly liked the bubbles. Matt would make one for her and she would pop it. The second picture is of her right after she popped a bubble. She also liked the restaurant. Regan, of course, liked making the craft. She also really liked the bubbles. Both girls had a lot of fun. The funniest thing was when they were having pizza and cake. The worker that was handing out the food didn't want to give Addison any food. She asked me if she would eat pizza. I felt like saying... yes, she will but her 4 year old sister won't. Then Addison was waiting patiently for her cake. The woman literally passed her over for cake. Now Addison's love for sugar is well documented. Finally, the woman must have noticed me giving her the eye and asked me if I wanted one with no icing. Again, I wanted to say to her... I don't care. It washes out. Just give her a piece before she hyperventilates. Luckily, Addison was pretty patient. Probably because there were a lot of people around. If we had been at home she would have been yelling that she wanted cake over and over. The teacher at school on Thursday told me that they had some extra gummies so they opened them to share between the kids. She said Addison was yelling for more. Yep. That's my girl.

p.s. Pay no attention to the fact that Addison's outfit is monogrammed wrong. The first time she wore it Matt asked me why it was monogrammed wrong. Thinking that men know nothing of these things, I explained to him in a somewhat exasperated way that they put the last initial in the middle. He says to me; I know that, Maggie, but her middle name is not Virginia. I don't know how it happened. All I know is I have a hard enough time keeping their birthdays straight. And now that it's done she is going to wear it anyway.

No comments: