Saturday, March 20, 2010

Loss....

One of my friends has two girls who are very similar in age to Regan and Addison. Their father passed away on Friday from complications with MS. I feel that we should talk to Regan especially about the fact that their friends have lost their father. Mostly because I don't want it to come up and be a surprise for her. We took all four girls bowling today and they all had a good time and it didn't come up until I was bringing the girls home and I was glad my children weren't with me. However, next time I may not be so lucky. My biggest concerns are to not make it into a big deal and to not scare my children. The latter being the biggest concern given my recent medical history. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

You could take the girls to buy their friends a sympathy card and/or a book such as The Fall of Freddy the Leaf or Water Bugs and Dragonflies. Just tell them what you are doing and why and answer the questions that come up.