Saturday, December 23, 2006

Weight Loss

We took Addison to the pediatrician to get weighed yesterday, and she had lost an ounce. This is since Monday. I immediately started crying. Obviously, all of this is very stressful and my hormones are not helping. The doctor didn't seem that concerned, though. He said everything else with her looks good. He is giving her until Tuesday to gain some more weight. If she loses again, I think they will admit her to figure out what is wrong. In the mean time we are doing everything we can to get her to gain weight. We have (with the pediatrician's okay) started putting two packets of human milk fortifier in her bottle. This is especially frustrating, because she is eating more and we were convinced that she had gained. Now she is eating even more. Matt says that if she hasn't gained by Tuesday he wants them to admit her, because something is obviously wrong. One of the worst parts is I am not even looking forward to Christmas. I just want Tuesday to get here and for my baby to have gained weight.

2 comments:

Granny said...

All of my prayers are for you and Addison. I'll see you Wednesday. Love, Granny

Anonymous said...

Meredith pulled this up for me and we are concerned but know you are doing everything possible and making the right choices. We are thinking and praying for you - and are missing you terribly, BUT we understand you have to put first things first!

I'm really sorry you're not looking forward to Christmas...I know that isn't much fun...and hope you know it's Ok to not look forward to Christmas sometimes. You have way more important things to think about right now and besides, I suspect that on Christmas morning Regan will manage to cheer things up a bit.

Keep us posted!! Our Christmas will not be the same without you.

love, Aunt Carla and Meredith