Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Official

Addison loves school. The last couple of times I have dropped her off her teacher has been coming down the hall and took her from me. Addison goes willingly. Today, we weren't as early as we usually are and so I walked her all the way to her classroom. As soon as we walked through the door she was taking her backpack off and running for the table (they had peg puzzles layed out). It does a mother's heart good.

Regan is doing really well with swimming. She has made a lot of progress in a very short amount of time. Monday and Wednesday she stayed for class. Monday was after a lesson, so she was in for a long time. Yesterday we were late, so she wasn't able to have her lesson. Yesterday she swam the entire length of an olympic size pool holding on to bar bells. Which I was really impressed with. The teacher also had them swim with just their fins, which Regan didn't really do. I think she was intimidated, which I can understand. She is doing much better on her back. She's not afraid anymore, but she still needs to work on getting her tummy up when she is on her back. The teacher is still going to work with her one on one. Which is fine with me. She said that she has a beautiful kick and she listens well. I, of course, am just glad that she listens. Everything else will come. Now if she would only listen to me....

No comments: