It went really well. We went a day early, so we had a lot more time. I am usually at the school early on Thursday, so the teacher asked me if I wanted to come while they were at library. It works out better for me, because Addison is at school and we have more time. Her teacher said that we could do it that way again for the next one.
She got the highest marks on everything. She is doing well academically and socially. Their one concern is that she doesn't transition well. To the point where the teacher asked us if we thought she might have a hearing problem. I had to laugh at that. I am positive that her only hearing problem is what my parent's always called selective hearing. To this day if I am focused on something I literally cannot hear you if you start talking to me. Sometimes I can think for a minute and recall what it was you said... I guess it is in my sub conscience. The teacher said that there was one time that Regan was the last one in the sandbox. She said they would have never left her, because they count the kids before going in (thank goodness). But she said they ring the bell and call for the kids... and there was Regan with no one around her doing whatever she was doing. Unfortunately, I don't think anything will ever change it. I think it is just something that she got from me that can be good and bad.
Her comments for her conference were:
With a curious nature and spirit of cooperation, Regan is making steady progress. She takes pride in her art work and her daily projects. I admire her responsible attitude and pleasant disposition as she meets the challenges of Pre-K4.
Regan is to be commended on her ability to interact with her peers in a positive manner. She has a pleasant disposition and she is a pleasure to teach.
Regan's evaluation is a reflection of her consistent effort and hard work.
Regan is having problems with transitions and we are working to improve this area.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment