Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Eczema


My grandparents were here this weekend. Pop thinks that Addison looks like him, which makes since because I kind of think that she looks like Aunt Carla. But I wasn't sure if it was just because of the hair. Maybe this means that one of my children will look like me. Not that I think that I look like either one of them, but at least they are in my family.
Matt took Regan to the doctor this morning for her skin. She has these little bumps all over her trunk that she has been scratching. It is mild Eczema, and they gave her a cream for it. If it's not one thing..... I'm actually glad that is all it is. Eczema seems to be pretty common.

I also sent him with a list of questions for Addison. The most important one being whether or not we could add a powdered formula to my milk for Addison instead of continuing to use the human milk fortifier. When we first started her on it everyone kept saying how expensive it was. We didn't really pay attention, because she wasn't taking that much milk and we of course want what we think is best for our child. Well, now we are using four packs per feeding and the cost is starting to add up. We have gone through 200 packs in a week, and it cost $168 for a box of 150. Now we know why everyone kept saying it was expensive. The dietician in the hospital said that we could add the powdered formula, and it would do the same thing. Matt asked the pediatrician this morning, and he said that was fine. Whew! Matt said he was also pleased with her weight, which is 9 lbs. 3 oz.

I think I have found a "mother's helper." That is what they are called when they are only helping you with the children. There is a little girl in Regan's music class that has a nanny. The little girl has been in Regan's music class the whole time we have been in, and the nanny has always brought her. I asked her last class if she knew anyone that would be interested in part time nanny work. Turns out her sister was a teacher and went to work for FEMA for a year in New Orleans, and is now looking for a teaching job for next fall. So, it seems like the perfect situation. I need someone until the summer, and she needs a job until the summer. The only thing would be if she finds something that pays more. She comes on Thursday, and I think I am probably going to hire her. I think it is mostly going to help me to stay sane. Especially since we don't have family near by.

No comments: