Friday, January 26, 2007

Ten Pounds

Addison was 10lbs. 2oz. this morning. We are very happy!! I don't know why, but 10lbs. seems like a milestone. I talked to the pediatrician yesterday, and he said that we can get off of the feeding tube when she is taking 90ml by herself consistently. Not sure when that will be. She usually takes around 65ml by herself, but it can be as low as 40ml sometimes. I asked him if he thought she would get better with it as she gets older, and he said that yes....he does not see this as a permanent thing. As long as she is gaining weight, I am all for it. But it would make my life a lot easier if she didn't have it. She pulled it out again this morning. Luckily it was right before the nurse came to change it, so it was actually perfect timing.

I talked to the financial people at the surgeon today, and the surgery will only be about $2000 with us being responsible for $500 of that. Whew! Matt had me convinced that it was going to be much more than that.

In other news....Regan is not allowed to have her sippy cups in her bed at night anymore. It was a really bad habit that we let her get into this summer. Since we brought Addison home from the hospital it has contributed to some major sleep issues. She was using it as a stall tactic to not go to sleep. Even worse, she was waking up in the middle of the night wanting it. So we made the decision to take it away. It was a bad the first couple of nights with her going to sleep, but I think it was the right decision. She is doing much better with going to sleep, and she has not woken up in the middle of the night since. Thank goodness! Getting up with one is enough!

No comments: