Saturday, January 13, 2007

One Month Old





Addison is one month old today. One month down and five more to go before her surgery. I have attached a picture of Regan at one month old for comparison.

My grandparents are here visiting, which has been nice. Especially because as soon as Sue left Regan started saying "I need my Granny." Pop and Lil has been a nice distraction for her. Even if she was bouncing off the walls last night, because she was so excited.

It seems that chaos ensued after Sue left. Addison decided to pull her feeding tube out right before her 11pm feeding. She had tried earlier in the day with no success, but apparently she is like her sister in that she does not give up. We talked to the home health nurse and the pediatrician on call. Both assured me that she would be fine until the morning. Then we either slept through the alarm or it didn't go off. Either way Addison went six hours without a feeding, instead of the three that she is supposed to. I don't know how long she would have slept, because we were still the ones to wake her up. Luckily she was still 8lbs. 11oz., which is what she was the morning before. So, technically she didn't lose any weight. However, when we weighed her last night she was 8 lbs. 14oz. But it will be our little secret.

Sue called today and she has no gas. Apparently her neighbors yard guy hit the gas line and they came out and took her meter. So, now she can't come back until that is taken care of. Yikes! My grandfather has a meeting on Monday, so they can't stay longer. I think I can do everything except take Regan to school. Matt said he would handle it this week. I think we are going to look into hiring someone to help me until after the surgery. As much as I hate to spend the money, I think it will give me piece of mind. Especially because until this problem is fixed we don't know what we will encounter. We have no idea how long we will have the feeding tube.....etc...

No comments: